The Ringling College Library Association (RCLA) was born from a small support group in 1975. A pioneering handful of community leaders started by donating $500 to help a struggling art school build its library. As Ringling College grew, so did our non-profit organization. It’s now expanded to nearly 2,000 members, committed more than $11 million, and enjoyed many successes along the way. 2017 marked RCLA’s greatest success story when the Alfred R. Goldstein Library opened its doors. It was a vision fulfilled. And the result of a long and loving campaign fueled by RCLA’s TOWN HALL Lecture Series loyal attendees.
Ringling College’s library of tomorrow exists today, but that doesn’t mean RCLA’s job is finished. We are a catalyst for the educational growth of students, faculty, and community. The library is remarkable—but education has always been the goal, including providing scholarships to students in need. We want to see all students attend, graduate, and realize their best potential. To serve that goal, RCLA supports the library’s ongoing initiatives, including purchasing books, periodicals, and research materials. As one of the largest cumulative donors to the college to date, it also provides substantial funds for student scholarships—and educates the surrounding community in the process.
Membership is not required to purchase tickets to the TOWN HALL Lecture Series; however, only members can order TOWN HALL subscriptions first during the member-only private pre-sale. We process all orders and seating requests based on the postmark of the mailing give our members the advantage of an early booking.
All Members Receive the Following Benefits:
- Copy of the Association’s new Annual Report and yearbook.
- Invitation to annual Member Reception.
- Discounts on all “RCLA Presents…” events.
- Opportunity° to purchase TOWN HALL subscriptions during member pre-sale.
- Alfred R. Goldstein Library Privileges:
- Members have check-out privileges from the research collection. Additionally, members have access to electronic subscription resources for research and the opportunity to view rare books and works from the Library’s Artists’ Book collection.
- Library Hours:
- Mon. – Thurs. | 8 am – 8 pm
- Fri. | 8 am – 7 pm
- Sat. | 12 pm – 6 pm
- Sun. | 10 am – 8 pm
- Please note that Library Hours are subject to change. Email us if you would like to confirm hours during holidays or when the college is on break.
- Ringling College of Art and Design:
TOWN HALL Benefits for Members
- Friend | $100 annually Opportunity to purchase up to 2 subscriptions to TOWN HALL lectures during member sale.
- Supporter | $250 annually Opportunity to purchase up to 4 subscriptions to TOWN HALL lectures during member sale.
- Patron | $500 annually Access to purchase up to 4 subscriptions to TOWN HALL lectures during the member pre-sale (two weeks before other membership levels have access to purchase). Priority seat selection for TOWN HALL Lecture Series, IF purchased during member pre-sale. (Requests are honored, based on postmark date and availability.)
- Lifetime | $2,500 one time Access to purchase up to 4 subscriptions to TOWN HALL lectures during the member pre-sale (two weeks before other membership levels have access to purchase). Priority seat selection for TOWN HALL Lecture Series, IF purchased during member pre-sale. (Requests are honored, based on postmark date and availability.)
Update: Last day to renew for the 2018 member program is Friday, April 13, 2018. Membership orders mailed in that arrive after, will only be accepted with an 4/13/18 postmark date or earlier. Emailed and dropped off applications will be accepted up until Friday, April 13, 2018. If you find yourself past the deadline, please email/call us to be added to the general mailing list for TOWN HALL that will be mailed out in Mid-June.
Please email email@example.com to receive membership information. Annual memberships for the organization run through the calendar year.