TOWN HALL FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can I donate back my TOWN HALL Tickets?
Yes, should you like to donate your tickets for a tax credit, you must turn in your tickets to the office at least one week before the said lecture. Tickets can be mailed in or turned in to the office directly within the timeframe noted. At the end of the series, a tax letter will be sent to you, for your ticket gift donation. RCLA will donate these tickets to Ringling College students, faculty, and staff. Donate your tickets here: https://www.rclassociation.org/town-hall/2023thseries/donate-your-tickets/
Can someone else use my TOWN HALL ticket?
Yes, if you know in advance you will not be able to attend a presentation, you may gift your ticket/s to a friend or donate them back to RCLA for resale. Should you be traveling and need us to reprint your ticket to have available for pick up at will-call, please call or email the office two business days in advance, and we will reprint and hold the tickets at will-call under the name you’ve requested. Please note, a photo ID is mandatory to pick up tickets at will-call.
Are Individual Tickets available for TOWN HALL?
Primarily, tickets to TOWN HALL are sold as a subscription to the series. IF seats are available a prior to the start of the series, we will sell individual tickets. RCLA members will have online access to order individual tickets first, followed by the general public. Be sure to check out our waiting list for an opportunity to register: https://www.rclassociation.org/town-hall-single-tickets/
When is will-call open for TOWN HALL ?
We open will-call at 9:30 a.m. for morning presentations and 6:30 p.m. for evening presentations. Please note, tickets requested for will-call pick up cannot be obtained any time other than the presentation date. IF you would like to pick up TOWN HALL tickets prior to the lecture date, you must do so from the RCLA office. Please call in advance to make sure we are there to assist you. The Van Wezel box office cannot assist with TOWN HALL ticketing.
Is the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall handicap accessible?
Yes, but please note that the Van Wezel has limited ADA seating available. Requests are processed on a first-come basis.
- The Van Wezel does not have a center aisle, and does not have wide aisles to allow for walkers or wheelchairs to be moved towards seating centrally located.
- Requests for ADA and limited mobility seating must be made as early as possible. The TOWN HALL Lecture Series tends to sell-out, and seating on the aisles is a popular request. Please make sure you have reached out to the office about your needs.
- All speakers are microphoned and a live image is projected on a large screen on stage. The Van Wezel has available hearing accessible devices. You request them when you arrive for the presentation.
- For more information on the hall please visit: www.vanwezel.org
How can I see the animations shown at the beginning of each presentation?
The student animations are so amazing and popular with our patrons, they are uploaded to our site after each presentation. Want to see more? Visit our Animation Page
Can I get an audiotape, videotape, or transcript of the talk?
By contract, we are strictly prohibited from distributing video, audio, or written transcripts of any of our presentations.
Are cell phone photographs or videos allowed?
- Video and flash cell phone photography is strictly prohibited during each speaker event.
- Generally, non-flash photography is permissible at the start and end of each event, although this is subject to change on a per-event basis.
- We kindly ask all subscribers to put their cell phones in “silent mode” during each event.
Lost and Found at the Van Wezel: Lost and found items should be turned in or claimed at the information desk in the Main Lobby. Items are held for 30 days.
How are TOWN HALL Speakers selected?
TOWN HALL speakers are nominated and selected each year by the RCLA Board and Speaker Selection Committee made up of volunteers, sponsors and patrons. We are always interested in hearing about your interests. If you would like to submit an idea for a speaker, visit our suggestion page: https://www.rclassociation.org/contact-us/suggest-a-speaker/
TOWN HALL Event Details
The morning lectures begin at 10:30 a.m. | The evening lectures begin at 7:30 p.m.
Presentations are held at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall. General self-parking is free. Valet parking is available at $10.00 per car.